Accreditation & Accolades
Northern Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees.
The Haile College of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing, postgraduate APRN certificate, and Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs at Northern Kentucky University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC, 20001, 202-887-6791.
The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
The Master of Social Work program at Northern Kentucky University is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
The NKU Chase College of Law is a law school approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association.
- Ranked among the "Best Online MBA Programs" by U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- Ranked among “America’s Top Colleges” for 11 consecutive years by Forbes magazine (2019)
- Designated a bronze status 2019-2020 Military Friendly® School by VIQTORY media
- Ranked one of the "Best for Vets Colleges" among four-year schools by Military Times, 2020
- The Bachelor of Science in Health Science program has been ranked one of the top 25 degree programs of its kind in the country by TheBestSchools.org
- Northern Kentucky University has been designated an Age-Friendly University by the Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education, in conjunction with The Gerontological Society of America, due to its commitment to increasing educational access for all learners. NKU is the only university in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky to join the international effort to support intergenerational learners.