Dr. Brandelyn Tosolt Associate Professor
"I believe that education is the single greatest tool we have at our disposal to create a more just, equitable society."
- Ph.D. – Oakland University, 2008
- M.Ed., Elementary Education – University of Michigan, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts – Michigan State University, 2000
- Dissertation: Middle school students’ perceptions of caring teacher behaviors: An empirical examination of differences by minority status. June, 2008
- Campus leader on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Researcher on topics including culturally-relevant pedagogy, trauma-informed practices, teaching students in poverty, feminist leadership paradigms, intersectionality, and critical race theory
In which online degree program do you teach?
Master of Arts in Teaching – Middle Grades, Master of Arts in Teaching – Secondary Education
Which classes do you teach online?
EDMT 693: Field Experience II
Why did you start teaching?
I believe that education is the single greatest tool we have at our disposal to create a more just, equitable society. I believe that inspiring and guiding educators is my contribution to creating the world in which I want to live.
What advice would you give to those considering the online education programs?
Our MAT program has a proven track record of success. We've been preparing candidates just like yourself for over 20 years. We have strong relationships with schools throughout the region and love watching new teachers blossom.